before and after school yoga programs
- Focused, calm, relaxed students who are ready to learn and able to take on whatever comes up in the day ahead with resilience and a positive attitude.
Introducing "FOCUS"...LIFE and Movement's Yoga program for before, lunchtime or after school, which can be run over an 8 or 10 week term.
- Students who get the opportunity to move and focus on breathing before or during school will be more focused and engaged during the school day.
Or why not add a program for after school to give those non-sporty students an opportunity to participate in a physical activity that is non-competitive. They leave relaxed and calm, go home with a clear head, and ready to focus on homework.
LIFE and Movement FOCUS Yoga program is aligned with the HPE curriculum and the personal and social elements of the national curriculum. Programs can be developed for any age group however schools normally opt for a program aimed at Prep-Year 6 or Year 7-12, so the entire school has the option of attending.
What happens in a FOCUS class?
- Yoga (traditional poses) and Yoga therapy corrective exercises
- Breathing exercises
- Self-regulation tools to use in real-life
- Creative and role-playing exercises
- Mindfulness activities and games
- Personal development work
- Building peer connections and trust. Teamwork.